This year I set a goal list again, but I’m also setting up a list of rules for my life in 2015. I’m going to print them out and place them on a wall near where I sit to remind me when I’m struggling. I’m going to make them into a picture to put on the background of my computer. I’m going to read them every day at first and then at least once a week later on, to keep myself on track with the changes I need to make.
These rules are things I realize I need to change within my own life. My biggest struggle has been dealing with false friendships and people who treat me unkindly. This year I have created some rules for me to live by that I hope will help with that.
My Rules for 2015
1. I am going to stop trying to make everybody happy, stop trying to be who others expect or want me to, and simply live my life.
2. I am going to stop making excuses for my illnesses and pain but I’m also going to stop sharing how I’m feeling with others who don’t really need to know.
3. I am going to be more careful who I let close enough to my heart to truly hurt me.
4. I am no longer going to tolerate being treated poorly by anyone.
5. I’m going to start trusting my FIRST instincts. No more doubting myself.
6. I am going to stop making excuses for other people’s behavior, both toward me and toward others. I am only responsible for ME.
7. I am going to let go of unreasonable expectations and ideals that I have held on to since childhood. No one can live up to that.
8. I am going to speak kind words or not at all. There is plenty of unkindness in this world without my big mouth adding to it.
9. I am going to talk less and listen more.
10. I am going to plan in a way that allows my dreams to become reality and create my future instead of just waiting for it to happen.